This is the agenda and summary for the weekly Zope developer meeting of
Tuesday, 2010-11-02 on #firstname.lastname@example.org from 15:00 to 15:30 UTC.
- PloneConf reports?
- Follow-up on summit goals
- Bicycle toolkit
Nothing happened as Christian and Marius were the only attends and both both
timing issues with DST were suspected (nobody should up after the time,
though) and also people might have been exhausted from the Plone Conference
the week before.
Those issues are currently ongoing. We don’t have to discuss them. We just
need to follow up on them eventually.
- Review meeting itself, maybe add extra 15 minutes for “meta” once a
month or every two months? (postponed until 2010-06-01)
- How to organize open issues in the long run (Blueprints?
Other tool? Continue text files?)
- Test runners / nightly builds
- Supporting Python 2.7
- Needs help from the buildbots
- Compiler licenses (Tres, postponed until after 2010-06-14)
Build bot organization
Bug day organization
- Consolidate “floating” documentation into Sphinx/docs.zope.org
- Turn ZTK package documentation into sphinx style (like zope.event)
- write bug and assign to toolkit projects (Theuni)
- How to find a good point when to cut a new release for a package for
which fixed bugs where registered (or changes have been made)? Any
automation possible to alert us when changes have been sitting around
unreleased for a while?
- Chris McDonough: Pondering some (re-)structuring of the ZTK to allow for
better maintenance/release management/communication/marketing.
- Christian Theune: I’d like us to ponder how we can (in addition to the
housekeeping and cleanups we do) also move to do constructive work together
to expand the stuff that Zope packages (ZTK) is about. How do we go about
implementing new technologies together, like supporting HTML 5 in the
various parts? I’d like to start putting in new code in the foreseeable
future in the zope.* namespace.